Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Eh! Oh Canada Go!



Since December 26th, 2009, I have watched more hockey on television than I have in the last five years combined. The World Junior Championships were being held in the city nearest us, and oh.my.word. was it ever great to get back into hockey again. I was previously a very passionate hockey fan, but since marriage and children, hockey has not been as much of an entertainment priority for me like it was in my younger years. I think Wayne is relieved that I'm not a hockey mom. If I were, I likely would have died from a heart attack by now. I really get into hockey games. And I really get attached to the players. There was one player in particular that stole my heart. (See picture above for your clue on who that is!) Unfortunately, Canada lost in the final game, 6-5 to the U.S.A. in overtime. However, they did come back from a 5-3 deficit, and with only moments remaining in the third period, Jordan Eberle scored two goals to tie it up. Talk about intense hockey! I loved it though. It was the perfect end to a not-so-perfect day, even if we came out of it with silver instead of gold. Now I can rest easy and wait until Olympic hockey. Then the passion can build again.

Go Team Canada!

No comments: