Monday, December 29, 2008

Gripe

I really shouldn't be blogging right now, but the tasks that are before me are too overwhelming at the moment, so I decided to bore you with a gripe session.

Wayne and I and the boys all have one week off before we return to our normal schedules. By normal I mean work and school. We have a couple of planned activities between now and then, but somewhere in the middle of all of that I've got lots to do and I'm not sure how I'm going to accomplish it all. Our planned activities involve two days of having friends/family over, and of course I want everything perfect.

But it won't be perfect.

My house is currently a disaster. We tidied up the basement this morning so that the boys could "move" down there with all of their Lego and army garb, instead of the current situation which is . . . my living/dining room area overtaken by Lego and army "stuff". While I don't mind them playing where I am (most of the time), it makes it rather difficult to get any cleaning done, such as dusting, vacuuming or washing the floors. So, their play is temporarily being moved to the basement. I say temporarily because no matter how hard I try for it to remain out of sight, it will slowly return. ("It" refers to their toys.) That's just what happens around here. And our basement is no place of luxury either. We are awaiting a time when we can install new laminate floor to replace the former carpet that was ruined by a sewer back-up nearly two years ago. That carpet is long gone, but the current tile floor, which was under the carpet, isn't really that fun to play on.

I've got dishes coming out of my ying-yang. My dishwasher is having issues, so therefore I am currently washing my dishes by hand, and these days my hands aren't moving fast enough to keep up with the mountain that keeps re-occurring beside my kitchen sink. How does that happen? I can't seem to keep up with all the dishes that we accumulate here on a daily basis. Obviously we eat too much. Or too often.

I'm doing laundry today as well. Why I chose to incorporate that task in with everything else I'm trying to do is beyond me. I must have taken stupid pills today. Which reminds me . . . I haven't taken my B100 vitamin complex yet today. Maybe that's why I feel so tired. And so overwhelmed. As soon as I'm done writing this post I'll take my vitamins. That should help.

In addition to the laundry I'm currently washing, I've got bins of clean laundry that need to be put away. They've been sitting there since last week. We've got too many clothes, too.

Our 2-year old truck is leaking huge puddles of oil. Wayne took it in to the city this morning by 7:30 a.m. and then called me at 7:35 a.m. to advise that I needed to come pick him up because it would be a couple of days before the mechanic can even look at the problem. The shop has only one diesel mechanic at the moment and apparently he is very swamped. We need the truck back by Sunday at the very latest. Wayne needs it on Monday to get to work. And we're all hoping and praying that this repair will be covered under warranty. It if isn't, we'll be up a creek without a paddle.

Ty needs to build a Lego car and has no instructions for it. Cry me a river.

I have a kitchen full of stuff that needs to be delivered to a family in need. Their house burned down a few weeks ago and some friends of mine and I have accumulated quite a bit of household and clothing items for them, which now sit in my kitchen. I've been calling the number where the items are to be delivered and I keep leaving messages, but no one returns my calls. I don't want to make a delivery attempt only to find that no one is home, but seriously, why was this person given as the contact if she's: a) never home to receive the items and/or; b) doesn't answer the phone or return my phone calls? Don't get me wrong. I'm more than happy to give all of this away. But the logistics are killing me.

Ty is hungry and needs a snack. Right. Now. Cry me another river.

My dog, Pepper is currently in heat and Harpo is in a constant state of "bark" due to her issue. Fortunately for us, he's a lot smaller than she is, so it isn't really possible for them to create Blue Heechons (Blue Heeler/Bichon cross). I have no idea if that breed actually exists, but if it does, I'd like to know how it was actually achieved.

On to another topic.

Like I'm sure you wanted to hear about my dog being in heat.

Here's news. Ty's crying about something to do with Mitchell. Yes, it's the third river he's cried for me in the time it has taken me to write this post.

I think I'm done venting now. But it still hasn't lessened the amount of work I need to do between now and Wednesday, which is when we're scheduled to have company over for New Years Eve. I haven't mentioned this yet, but why not add one more complaint to my pile? I'm exhausted. I wish I could go curl up beside my husband in bed and take a nap. Yeah. He went to lie down "for an hour" about 2 hours ago and I'm sure he has no intention of waking up until supper. But hey, these are his holidays . . . he can do whatever he wants.

I hope you're having a better day than I am.

3 comments:

Chris said...

I haven't had a moment to read the whole blog, but the word "Lego" always sticks out at me. If you are willing to share the computer, you can get him off your back by directing him to the "brick factory" lego site. People scan in their instructions, and you can find virtually any set you need here. I'll back to finish reading up on you later... meanwhile I'll send up some prayers on your behalf.

~Rain``` said...

I just finished reading this to my husband and we both laughed in understanding. I can totally relate. I was having similar thoughts today. Last night I sent out a seven point vent/rant to one of my friends via e-mail because I felt I needed to unload on someone. May God grant you wisdom and strength to get the things that need to get done before Wednesday. Have fun that evening.

Stacey said...

i am with ya girl! although a scary thought, some days i want to declare naked day-i am so tired of laundry!!

hang in there! sometimes the no-schedule makes it all harder!