Monday, December 8, 2008

100%--Scratch that . . .

Further to yesterday's post . . . I found out today that my new contract commencing in January 2009 will be 1.0 FTE, which translates into a full-time, 100% position! That being said, in our school division, 100% FTE actually means 30 hours per week, not 40. But that's why I like working in a school--I don't want to work 40 hours per week. The 10 hours I'd be working at a regular full-time job can now be used for spending time with my family, baking, cooking, cleaning . . . you get the drift.

Update on December 12th: My new contract arrived in the mail, and contrary to what the administration in my school told me, my 100% is actually 95%. But I really don't mind. It's not going to make a whole lot of difference on my paycheque, and it means I get to spend 5% more time with my family.

2 comments:

Becky said...

Holy smokes. You've been posting like crazy. I'm way behind! Congrats on full-time!

Stacey said...

yea, more manna!!