Sunday, August 24, 2008

Almost Hired

Well, I finally received a phone call from our Vice Principal today and she gave me an update as to what's going on with my position at the school.

Due to union issues and protocol, the job is posted until August 29th, 2008. However, school starts on August 27th and therefore the school is permitted to hire a substitute E.A. for all days leading up to the confirmed employment of the E.A. for the posted position. So, I have been asked to "sub" for the position, starting this Wednesday, August 27th, the same day that my boys return to school. Because the long weekend follows the final application date, the interviews for the position(s) (there are two posted positions, actually), will be held sometime next week, likely not until September 3rd; which means that the new position will actually commence on September 4th. What this means for me is that I'm guaranteed in the very least, to be subbing for what was my position, for at least a week. The Vice Principal advised that my chance of continuing on in the position is, "likely".

So at least I can breathe a bit easier now. I know that due to the politics behind this, the V.P. can't give me an affirmative "you're hired" just yet, but from the sounds of it, I think I have my old job back. Plus, I was also informed that there is another student designation, which means a third position might be available as well.

As far as which position I'll be officially hired for, I'm not sure. I would love to stay with my student; however, due to his age, he will no longer be a student after this school year; I really don't want to lose the opportunity to continue to work at the school into the 2009-2010 school year, but for right now I'm just leaving this in God's hands and trust that He'll work out all the details.

All I can say is I'm relieved; and almost giddy over the fact that things seem to be working out for us in this regard.

Now if only Wayne would be hired where he'd prefer to work . . . that would be the icing on the cake!

2 comments:

Stacey said...

it's sounding good! can't wait to hear!

Amy said...

Hi Kimmy! I just anted to be the first to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY tomorrow!!! I sure hope I have the day right. I knew we were both in August anyway! LOL

Praying for you as you deal with the job stuff and praying especially for the healing of your foot. How is the pain now?

Your post on baking made me very hungry this afternoon! I'm trying to go back on a sensible diet now that I am getting more exercise. I have lots of weight to lose and need to get it done! Pray for me please!!

Lots of hugs sent your way this afternoon!!