Monday, April 14, 2008

Sowing Seeds

The weather is finally getting warmer! I'm so excited . . . it means my gardening preparations can now begin! This weekend we visited our favorite home and garden store only to find out that it was Customer Appreciation Day and all items were 15% off! We normally don't buy our gardening supplies (i.e. seeds, etc.) until mid-May, but since we were getting a discount, we decided to do our shopping early. And this year I'm trying something new . . . I'm actually going to start my own vegetable plants and flowers inside and then transplant them into the garden/flowerbeds once the ground has warmed up. This is all new to me, so I hope I didn't mess things up too much. I've got 100 peat pots full of potential flowers; plus an additional 58 vegetable plants that will (hopefully) begin growing indoors. At first the boys were hesitant to assist me . . . that is, until they realized how messy and dirty they were going to get. Then they were more than willing to help. We had a great time sowing seeds tonight. Here's proof:





6 comments:

Chris said...

Great job! This is my first year of starting seeds indoors too. Our pumpkins and sunflowers are already 4 inches high! Each day now I'm checking for the other plants to come up... tomatoes, basil, chives, and parsley. I can't wait!!! Yay for gardens.

Amy said...

Hi Kimmy! How are things going? I love it when you post pics of your sweet boys. They really are a cute pair! I think that's a great idea growing them inside first. Our weather here was really warm and starting to green up when all of the sudden we had a bit of snow yesterday. It sure shocked all the plants and trees, etc.

You'll have to post pics on the progress of your plants! Nothing tastes better than home grown veggies, don't you think?

Stacey said...

i bet it will all be either yummy or pretty! good luck!

Brenda said...

Looks like fun and educational too!

Kristy said...

Good for you !
We have two huge greenhouses.......you'd think I'd be going crazy starting all sorts of plants in them......but I'm not. Not this year at least! Although, you know, it's not too late...hmmm...!
I think you've inspired me here, Kimmy !!
Blessings ~

Jennifer said...

Looks like a lot of fun for the kids to get involved in. Good luck hope it all works out. Keep us posted with pictures of the progress.
Jennifer