Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Note to Saturn: R.I.P.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/c/c5/96-99_Saturn_SL.jpg/250px-96-99_Saturn_SL.jpg

More car grief? Yes, indeed!!!

I just picked up my car from the mechanic on Saturday. Obviously it wasn't completely fixed. I drove it 3 times.

Then it died. Again.

Thankfully, I have an amazing best friend who reorganized and juggled her entire afternoon just to ensure that I made it home from the city to the country before the boys got home from school.

My call to the auto insurance company to tow my car (for the third time in a month), was made with trepidation. I'm not sure how many tows we are allowed in a year, but I'm beginning to wonder what they think of us . . . needing frequent tows. So far, so good, though. No charges for the tows have been incurred as of yet.

Enough already!!!!

The mechanic called me about an hour after I arrived home. Apparently my car is now fixed.

I'll believe it when I see it.

My Saturn is on its way to the car graveyard. May you Rest In Peace, 1999 Saturn SL1.

3 comments:

Brenda said...

Poor car. Poor you.

Chris said...

just read your second-to-last post... congrats on the job-front! May God's name be praised... AGAIN! (Why are we so astonished when he provides day after day!?!) :O) Sucky about your car though... maybe it needs to find a steep river hill...

Stacey said...

i remember fondly my saturn just like yours! my first real new car!