Monday, May 14, 2007

Poor Baby!

Roca has some explaining to do!

Last night we got home late from celebrating my nephew's graduation. We had a great time, but while we were gone, our poor dogs didn't have much to celebrate.


Apparently B.J. and Roca had an encounter with a porcupine. B.J. had approximately 20 porcupine quills in his nose and snout area, which were easily removable. However, Roca, as you can see from the picture above, didn't fare as well. Wayne and I attempted to remove the quills, but it was impossible. Poor dog. Because it was almost midnight when we got home, we couldn't do a whole lot about getting him to a vet last night.

I called a vet first thing this morning and Roca is currently having his porcupine quills removed. Wayne took him in. I am not coping too well with the thought of all the pain my poor doggy is going through. I just hope he's going to be okay.

I'm also hoping that B.J. and Roca have learned their lesson about the dangers of porcupines and not be so anxious to befriend them the next time they meet up with one!

1 comment:

Dari-Lynn said...

:( That picture is definitely worth a thousand words.