Thursday, April 19, 2007

Biblical Time Machine

moses-red-40.<span class=
The Parting of the Red Sea

During family devotions last night, we read of Israel's initial escape from Egypt, followed by their amazing journey across the Red Sea. God's performance of this miracle forever changed the course of their lives. This miracle allowed them all to survive, crossing to safety, with their enemies perishing in the stormy waters behind them. (Exodus 13:17-14:31)

I wish I could have been there to see it all happen. There are so many Bible stories I would love to have been a part of, but the parting of the Red Sea ranks in my top 5. Imagine witnessing and being part of this miracle! It would have been such an intense, adrenaline-filled escape from Pharaoh and his army! Scary, but exciting.

What about you? What Bible story do you wish you could have been a part of? Please leave a comment and let me know. Maybe you'd even like to blog about it!

Photo credit: biblia.com

1 comment:

Becky said...

I wish I could have washed Jesus' feet with my hair. I wish I could have hung on a cross beside Him. I wish I could have touched Him after the resurection and watched Him ascend into heaven. Those are my top three.

Maybe I will write a post about this.