Tuesday, January 23, 2007

My Favorite Things to Get Me Back Down to Earth

So, after yesterday's pathetic Alien post, I've received some encouraged from friends and other bloggers (via phone & Internet). Thanks, everyone. I'm feeling a bit better about things, probably because I just stayed at home today, enjoying some of my favorite things, which are:

http://library.thinkquest.org/5729/telephone.htm
1. The telephone. I've been encouraged by sharing my struggle with some close friends (they don't reside in my new home town), and it turns out I'm not the only one who suffers from this "Alien Syndrome" at the age of 34.


2. My new, bright, flowery, colorful tablecloth. Yes, it's vinyl. But it looks great in my kitchen, and when you've got little kids eating off your kitchen table, a cloth tablecloth doesn't work too well. I've already tried that. Vinyl is much, much easier to clean jam off of.


3. Listening to the Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir. Yes, it's a cassette tape, dug out from the archives! But it brings me back to my Bethany days, when we performed this whole program in front of a live audience and made a recording of it. The picture in the photo is from the original Brooklyn Tab album, which is what I've been listening to all day. I love it. It's put me into such a great mood!


4. Earl Grey Tea. I LOVE this stuff! I love the smell of it, and it tastes even better than it smells! For me, it's the ultimate hot drink. Partylite used to have a candle scent called Bergamot, which is the same aroma that emulates from my cup of Earl Grey Tea. Unfortunately, they discontinued the candles, much to my dismay!


5. Freshly baked cinnamon buns! This was one of my projects for today . . . I usually bake when I'm feeling stressed. Baking is my hobby, so we usually have some fresh baking in our kitchen at all times. Notice I'm baking 4 pans at once! That's thanks to my brand new LG Convection Oven, which I'm really enjoying.

So, I'm now going to go have a cup of Earl Grey Tea at my brightly-colored table, listen to Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir and eat a cinnamon bun. Maybe I'll make a phone call too!

1 comment:

Kim said...

It's nice to see that you still listen to that tape, now I don't feel so bad to admit that I enjoy a stroll down that lane every once in awhile too!