Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Quotable


Here are some quotes from my little desk calendar--

"Cheerfulness* keeps up a kind of daylight in the mind, and fills it with a steady and perpetual serenity."
~Joseph Addison~

*I would love to exchange to word "Cheerfulness" with "Thankfulness".
 
"I will listen to what God the Lord will say; he promises peace to his people . . . Love and faithfulness meet together; righteousness and peace kiss each other.  Faithfulness springs forth from the earth, and righteousness looks down from heaven."
~Psalm 85: 8, 10-11 (NIV)~

Today, I am thankful for . . .

49.  The gift of Pistachio Chocolate Chip Cookies, which are baking as I write this post.

50.  The gift of A Furnace That Works; WINTER has hit us, and it has hit us HARD!  This morning I woke up to a flat tire on my car, so had to do some quick vehicle rearranging and take Wayne's truck, which hadn't been plugged in yet - I plug it in when I start my car to leave in the morning and then it gets all day to get ready for his drive to work later; being a diesel engine, my prayers were answered when I turned the key and the truck actually started!  And I was only a few minutes late for work:)

51.  The gift of A Warm Sweater, a Heating Pad, and Cuddles with My Boys to help keep me warm.

No comments: